Ching-Fu Lin is Assistant Professor of Law at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), where he teaches international health law, food law and policy, and international law and global governance. Professor Lin received his LL.M. and S.J.D. from Harvard Law School, with the honor of John Gallup Laylin Memorial Prize (best paper in public international law) and Yong K. Kim Memorial Prize (best paper in East Asian legal studies). He also holds a double degree in law (LL.B.) and chemical engineering (B.S.) from National Taiwan University.
Before joining NTHU in 2015, Professor Lin served as Visiting Fellow at Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland. He has also been Peter Barton Hutt Student Fellow at Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics as well as Visiting Scholar Coordinator at East Asian Legal Studies Program, Harvard Law School. In 2017, Professor Lin received the NTHU Junior Research Award.
Active in legal academia, Professor Lin has been invited to lecture in many academic/practical settings, such as the World Trade Organization, Summer Academy in Global Food Law and Policy in Spain, Brescia University School of Law in Italy, and World Food Law Program and the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization in the United States. His legal scholarship has appeared in numerous journals and edited collections, including Virginia Journal of International Law, Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, Food and Drug Law Journal, and Journal of World Trade.
- Visiting Fellow, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland (Sep 2014 – May 2015).
- Faculty, Summer Academy in Global Food Law and Policy, Spain (July 2014, July 2013 & July 2016).
- Researcher, Asian Center for WTO & Int’l Health Law and Policy, National Taiwan University (June 2012 – Present).
- Peter Barton Hutt Student Fellow, Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics, Harvard Law School (Sep 2013 – May 2014).
- Coordinator (Visiting Scholar Program), East Asian Legal Studies Program, Harvard Law School (Sep 2013 – May 2014).
- Summer Academic Fellow, Harvard Law School (2013 & 2011).
Areas of Research
- Food and Drug Law
- International Law
- Global Health Governance
- International Trade
- Regulatory Theory and Institutional Design
- Artificial Intelligence Law and Policy